PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Device Information is collected by the following means:
– HTTP cookies usually just know as “cookies” are small blocks of data created by a web server while a user is browsing a website and placed on the user’s computer or other device by the user’s web browser. Cookies are placed on the device used to access a website, and more than one cookie may be placed on a user’s device during a session.
– Log information/log files – these track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
You can learn more about cookies and similar data tracking technologies here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/guidance-on-the-use-of-cookies-and-similar-technologies/what-are-cookies-and-similar-technologies/
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, information including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number are collected. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The “Order Information” (outlined above) is collected to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment, arranging shipping, and providing you with order confirmations/invoices/receipts).
When you purchase from one of our independent sellers, they will use the Order Information to:
– Process your order and communicate with you regarding your order (this includes any questions they may have about your order, letting you know when your order is complete and asking for follow up feedback on your order.)
The Letterbox Gift Company will use the Order Information to:
– Screen our orders for any signs of potential risk or fraud
– To request feedback on your order experience.
– If you have subscribed to our mailing list – To share our latest offers and news with you (please note: you may unsubscribe from our email marketing at any time by clicking unsubscribe on our mailing list emails or by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org)
We use the “Device Information” primarily to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and to improve the functionality of our Site (e.g. by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, including any error logs encountered so we can rectify these quickly. We also use it to track and analyse the success of marketing/advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties including our Independent sellers for order processing, Stripe for payment processing and Google Analytics for marketing and customer research purposes.
You can read more about how our Independent Sellers are allowed to use your Personal Information in our Terms & Conditions section insert here.
You can read more about how Stripe uses your Personal Information here: https://stripe.com/en-gb/privacy.
You can read more on how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with any lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/ OR via your chosen browsers direct opt-out methods.
You have the right to request to see what information we hold on you at any time and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at email@example.com
You can find helpful information about your data rights here https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/