Your consumer cancellation rights
Made to order items:
Many of the goods sold on our website fall under the description of ‘made to order’.
In line with the Consumer Contracts Regulations, under the Exemptions section consumers do not have the right to cancel ‘made to order’ items.
Goods that fall under the category of ‘made to order’ include but are not limited to:
- Perishable items including baked goods,
- Personalised items (this includes any order for which you are required to submit text, images, logos etc to appear on/in the order).
- Bespoke handmade items
- Items that cannot be resold
Non ‘made to order’ items:
You have the right to cancel your order for any non ‘made to order’ items within 30 days of purchase.
Orders cancelled within 30 days of purchase are entitled to a full refund if:
- The item has not yet been dispatched
- The item has been received but remains unopened and unused and the customer agrees to return the item at their own expense
The seller can agree to issue a refund in place of a credit note at their own discretion.
If an order arrives damaged, faulty or not as described, you have the right to cancel – please see our Returns & Refunds Policy for more information on this.
Goods that fall under the category of non ‘made to order’ include but are not limited to:
- Non perishables
- Items that have no personalisation or customisation
- Items that can be resold if returned in mint condition
Sellers Cancellation Rights
Sellers reserve the right to cancel the contract between you and them if:
- They have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered
- They do not deliver to your area (delivery is within the UK only)
- One or more of the goods you ordered was incorrectly listed due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information
- They have an unforeseen and unavoidable accident or emergency that prevents them from working
If a seller does cancel your contract they will notify you by e-mail at the earliest possible time and will refund in full any payment you have made within 30 days of your order.
The Platforms Cancellation Rights
We, The Letterbox Gift Company, reserve the right to cancel any orders if we believe that either the customer or the seller has breached any of our terms and conditions.
In the event that the seller is at fault, We will compensate the customer directly and reclaim the costs from the seller as we are legally entitled to do.
In the event that the customer is at fault, we reserve the right to cancel the order and the customer will not be entitled to receive any refund or compensation. The seller will be entitled to keep the funds and will not be required to fulfil the order.
In the event that both parties are at fault (for example in the buying and selling of prohibited items) we reserve the right to:
- Cancel the order
- Remove the seller from our platform and withhold all pending funds
- To withhold any refund for the customer